Support & FAQs
Below are our most commonly asked questions. If you cannot find the answer to your query here, please contact us at email@example.com.
Download the user guide here for how to set up and use your phone to take payments.
What is NFC?
NFC stands for “near field communication”. You can think of near field communication like your Bluetooth speaker or home wi-fi network. When two NFC-enabled devices are in close proximity—usually four inches or less apart—radio wave tags can be used to transmit data.
Why can’t my device read a contactless card?
Make sure your device has NFC. If it does have NFC, you need to make sure the NFC is enabled:
How to switch ON your NFC:
- Go to Settings > More
- Tap on the NFC switch to activate it. The Android Beam function will also automatically turn on.
- If Android Beam does not automatically turn on, just tap it and select Yes to turn it on.
Smartphones’ NFC capabilities operate in tandem with Android Beam. If Android Beam is disabled, it may limit NFC’s sharing capacity.
Where is my NFC located? How should I position the card?
Will I be able to provide my customers with receipts?
After a successful processing of a transaction, regardless if it is approved or declined, you’ll have the option to send a receipt to your customer via email or SMS or generate a QR code which can be scanned by your customer with his/her mobile phone. You also have the option to connect to a receipt printer if your customers prefer a physical copy of their receipt.
What if a customer does not want to give their email address?
Assure your customer that their address is only used to send the receipt and is not stored. Alternatively, you also have options to provide a receipt via SMS or QR code.
I can’t log-in.
Please make sure you are entering the correct credentials.
If you are still experiencing trouble logging in, please try clearing the cache for the app:
- Open the Settings on your device
- Go to Apps menu
- Go to your installed apps
- Find Phos and select it
- Go to the Storage tab
- Click on Clear Cache / Storage
And then try to log in again.
If you are still experiencing trouble, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
I have forgotten my password. What should I do?
On the login screen, right under the fields for your credentials, there is a ‘Forgot your password?’ button. We will send you an email with a link to reset your password. Check your inbox and follow the instructions from the email we have sent.
I made a mistake and entered a wrong amount. What should I do?
There are two possible options here:
- If you have entered the wrong amount and have not tapped the customers’ card yet, you can easily click the back button in the upper left corner on the screen that is pending for the customer to “Present card” and then start a new transaction.
- If you have entered the wrong amount and have already tapped the customers’ card, wait for the transaction to finish. Go into your “Transactions” menu and find the wrong amount transaction. Click on it and then choose the “Void” button. On the next screen you will be asked to confirm the void. Once it is successful, you can go back and make a new transaction with the right amount.
My device has been lost or stolen. What should I do?
We always recommend that your devices should be locked with a passcode and/or biometrics (i.e. fingerprint/face ID). If lost or stolen, contact us immediately on email@example.com so we can block the device.
Remember: Don’t panic – even if a thief is able to get past your passcode and into the device before it can be blocked, they will be unable to steal money. They could potentially take new payments (which will automatically go into your account) or perform a refund (which returns money only to the card originally used for that transaction). They cannot refund money to a card or account of their choosing.
Why can’t I void or refund a successful transaction? (Why are the void/refund options available on some transactions only?)
Void and refund options are only available for eligible transactions (they have been approved and have not been voided or refunded before). For security reasons and for your own convenience, if the transaction is not eligible, the app will not show you void and refund options when you click on the transaction.
In addition, please note that you can void transactions only on the same day the original transaction was approved. If you want to return money or void a transaction later (not on the same day), you can use only the refund option.
Why do I need to tap the customer card when making a refund and why can’t I make a refund to a different card?
This has been implemented solely for security reasons. We want to protect you from any scams and unregulated activity with the device.
I have a ‘Transaction Declined’ or ‘Unconfirmed transaction’ message. What should I do?
This means the transaction has been declined. There can be a few reasons why a transaction is declined. It’s usually down to the customer’s bank not approving the transaction. This could be for insufficient funds, fraud check, etc. Unfortunately, the card issuing bank does not provide additional details regarding the reason for the decline.
There are several things you can try:
- Check your WiFi connection.
- Retry with the same payment card.
- Check that the card is a Visa or Mastercard for debit and credit cards (currently doesn’t accept AMEX).
- Try a different payment card if possible – this will let you know if it’s a general problem or the customer’s card.
- Most failed transactions are due to fraud checks by the bank. Get the customer to call their bank to authorise the transaction and try again.
- If no payment cards are working, restart your device, and make sure it’s connected to WiFi.
- If none of the above work, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event that you have an issue you cannot resolve, our dedicated support team is happy to help.
Please use the form to get in touch.